kishimen with shrimp tempura & grated radish
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 681 kcal
- Japanese: Ebi-oroshi-kishimen
- 19 ounces cooked kishimen
- 4 shrimp tempura
- 4 ounces Japanese white radish
- 2 1/2 cups bonito soup stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- If you want, you can also add your favorite condiments, e.g., bonito flakes, chopped green onion or leek, grated ginger, shichimi (seven-spice seasoning).
Pour the bonito soup stock into a pan and bring to a boil. Add the sugar and soy sauce. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
Grate the radish. Put the grated radish onto a paper towel and squeeze with your hands to remove the excess liquid.
Place the cooked kishimen on 2 serving dishes. Decorate each with 2 shrimp tempura and the grated radish.
Pour the soup over the kishimen. Sprinkle with your favorite condiment(s).
Tempura goes well with Japanese noodles, such as kishimen. The combination of kishimen, shrimp tempura, grated radish and soy sauce soup has a good taste.
Japanese foods recipes
Int'l. recipes with a Japanese twist