thick white noodles with egg soup
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 340 kcal
- Japanese: Tamago-toji-udon
- 17 ounces cooked thick white noodles
- 1/2 ounce long green onion or leek
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups bonito & sea tangle soup stock or bonito soup stock
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon potato starch (katakuriko)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 quarts water for preparing hot noodles
- If you want, you can also add shichimi (seven-spice seasoning).
Thinly slice the green onion (or leek).
Beat the eggs in a bowl.
Dissolve the potato starch in the 2 tablespoons water. Add the dissolved potato starch to the pan. Stir a few times until it becomes creamy.
Add the eggs and stir a few times. Remove from the heat.
Pour the 2 quarts water into another pan. Bring to a boil and add the noodles. Boil about 30 seconds. After boiling, remove the noodles and drain them in a colander.
Serve in 2 big bowls and pour the egg soup over each. Sprinkle the thick white noodles (udon) with the sliced green onions and shichimi (seven-spice seasoning), if desired.
This dish is a quick recipe. The creamy egg soup suits udon very well.
Japanese foods recipes