thin white noodles with soy sauce soup
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 443 kcal
- Total Time: 30 m
- Prep: 20 m
- Cook: 10 m
- Japanese: Nyū-men
- 16 4/5 ounces cooked thin white noodles (sōmen)
- 4 ounces boneless chicken thigh
- 1/3 ounce long green onion or scallions (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups bonito & sea tangle soup stock or bonito soup stock
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- suitable amount bonito flakes (optional)
- suitable amount shichimi (seven-spice seasoning) (optional)
Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Chop the green onion (or scallions).
Pour the bonito & sea tangle (or bonito) soup stock into a pan. Bring to a boil on medium heat and add the chicken. Boil until done (about 2 minutes.)
Add the soy sauce and noodles. Boil for a minute.
This noodle dish uses chicken. However, this dish is not fatty because sōmen are light noodles. Bonito & sea tangle soup stock (or bonito soup stock) has a savory taste.
Japanese foods recipes
Int'l. recipes with a Japanese twist