nagoya-style chicken one-pot
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 384 kcal
- Japanese: Nagoya-fū-tori-nabe
- 500 g boneless chicken thigh
- 1 block tofu
- 300 g napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 long green onion or leek
- 1 package enoki (snow puff) mushrooms
- 120 g or 1/2 carrot
- 2 tablespoons red miso
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1200 ml bonito & sea tangle soup stock or bonito soup stock
- You can also add your favorite ingredients (e.g., onions, shiitake mushrooms, konnyaku, cooked thick white noodles (udon)).
Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
Cut the napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage) into bite–sized pieces.
Slice the leek diagonally into 5 cm. pieces. Peel the carrot and cut into 0.5 cm. slices.
Cut the tofu block in half lengthwise, then cut each half across 3 times. Finally, place the knife halfway down the side of the block and slice across to form 16 bite-size pieces.
Cut off the roots of the enoki mushrooms 3 cm. from the end and cut the bunch in half.
Add half of the chicken, vegetables, mushrooms and tofu into the soup. Cover and cook for several minutes.
Serve in individual serving bowls. Cook the remaining ingredients in the same manner.
Because this dish contains many vegetables as well as chicken and miso which are all high in protein and vitamins, it is very nutritional. The soup stock is delicious.
Japanese foods recipes