- Serves: 4
- Calories: 210 kcal
- Total Time: 1 h 0 m
- Prep: 45 m
- Cook: 15 m
- Japanese: Kani-suki-nabe
- 550 g Red King crab
- 300 g napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 long green onion or leek
- 90 g garland chrysanthemum greens
- 1 block tofu
- 1 package enoki (snow puff) mushrooms
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet sake for seasoning (mirin) or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1000 ml sea tangle soup stock
- You can also add your favorite ingredients (e.g., shiitake mushrooms, konnyaku, cooked thick white noodles (udon)).
Cut the Red King crab into bite-size pieces.
Cut the napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage) into bite–sized pieces.
Slice the leek diagonally into 5 cm. pieces. Peel the carrot and cut into 0.5 cm. slices.
Cut the tofu block in half lengthwise, then cut each half across 3 times. Finally, place the knife halfway down the side of the block and slice across to form 16 bite-size pieces.
Wipe shiitake mushrooms with a wet paper towel. Cut off the stems.
Arrange the crab, vegetables and tofu attractively in separate rows on one or more large platters.
Boil the sea tangle soup stock. Add the mirin (or sugar), salt and soy sauce in a big pan. Bring to a boil. Add the crab, vegetables and tofu. Cover and boil on medium heat until done (about 10 minutes).
Serve in individual serving bowls.
This one-pot dish soup stock is made from crabmeat and shell. The crab added to the sea tangle soup stock makes this a rich soup. The combination of the crabmeat, vegetables and soup is very delicious.
Japanese foods recipes