- 500 g boneless chicken thigh
- 300 g napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 long green onion or leek
- 120 g or 1/2 carrot
- 170 g or 4 shrimps
- 1 block tofu
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet sake for seasoning (mirin) or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1000 ml bonito & sea tangle soup stock or bonito soup stock
- You can also add your favorite ingredients (e.g., shiitake mushrooms, konnyaku, cooked thick white noodles (udon)).
Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
Cut the napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage) into bite–sized pieces.
Slice the green onion (or leek) diagonally into 5 cm. pieces. Peel the carrot and cut into 0.5 cm. slices.
Cut the tofu block in half lengthwise, then cut each half across 3 times. Finally, place the knife halfway down the side of the block and slice across to form 16 bite-size pieces.
Arrange the meat, shrimps, vegetables and tofu attractively in separate rows on one or more large platters.
Serve in individual serving bowls.
This dish is the most popular of the one-pot dishes, and is a very well-balanced meal because it contains chicken, fish and vegetables. This dish warms the body on a wintery day.
Japanese foods recipes