dumplings & vegetables one-pot
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 540 kcal
- Japanese: Gyōza-nabe
- 16 dumplings
- (See Step 1 to Step 5 of “Fried Dumpling Recipe”)
- 5 ounces napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage)
- 1/2 long green onion or leek
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 block tofu
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups chicken broth or soup stock
- You can also add your favorite ingredients (e.g., shiitake mushrooms, konnyaku, cooked thick white noodles (udon)).
Cut the tofu block in half lengthwise, then cut each half across 3 times. Finally, place the knife halfway down the side of the block and slice across to form 16 bite-size pieces.
Cut the napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage) into bite–sized pieces.
Slice the green onion (or leek) diagonally into 5 cm. pieces. Peel the carrot and cut into 0.5 cm. slices.
Arrange the vegetables and tofu attractively in separate rows on one or more large platters.
Boil the chicken broth or soup stock. Add the sugar and soy sauce in a big pan. Bring to a boil. Add the dumplings, vegetables and tofu, and cover. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Serve in individual serving bowls.
This one-pot dish using dumplings is a unique recipe. It is healthy because it includes dumplings as well as many vegetables.
Japanese foods recipes