chicken meatballs pot dish
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 368 kcal
- Japanese: Tsukune-nabe
- 9 ounces ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 ounces napa cabbage
- (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 long green onion or leek
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 package shimeji mushrooms
- 1/2 package enoki mushrooms
- 1/2 ounce ginger (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons sweet sake for seasoning (mirin) or 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/8 cups sea tangle soup stock
- You can also add your favorite ingredients (e.g., carrot, mushroom, konnyaku, cooked thick white noodles (udon), instant noodles).
Thinly slice half of the green onion (or leek) as shown. If used, grate the slices ginger. Mix the ground chicken, egg, the leek slices and grated ginger (optional) in a bowl. Form into 24 (1-in.) balls.
Cut the napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage) into bite–sized pieces. Slice the remaining half of the green onion (or leek) diagonally into 2 in. pieces.
Wipe the shiitake mushrooms with a wet paper towel. Cut off the stems and cut the caps in half. Cut off the roots of the shimeji mushrooms. Cut off the roots of the enoki mushrooms 1 in. from the end and cut in half.
Add the 2 1/8 cups sea tangle soup stock to a pan and boil. Add the mirin (or sugar), salt and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Add a small amount of each type of mushroom, the chicken meatballs and vegetables. Cover and cook for about 7 minutes.
Let everyone start to help themselves to whatever they want. Then cook the remaining meat and vegetables in the same manner. (If needed, add the remaining/more soy sauce.)
This dish warms you up in the cold seasons. Because it uses chicken and lots of vegetables, it is very low colorie.
Japanese foods recipes